This Couple Started a Business While Quarantine and Went Viral
With the pandemic changing our world, many people lost their jobs. Some of the victims of the pandemic decided to start their own business as a new source of income. Are you one of them, too? We will help you narrow down the field you would like to start a business in and give you some ideas about what you could do.
Points to consider when choosing a niche for your business
Start with thinking about some general questions:
- What do you like to do? It is best when you love what you do - in this case, work will bring you joy and money.
- What do you want to learn? Try something new - maybe it will be so interesting that you would like to start a business in it.
- What are you good at? It is better when you already know what you do before thinking of the next step like an investment.
- Why do you want to start a business? Do you need another source of income? Is it just an interest? Or do you want to become an entrepreneur?
After narrowing down the fields of your interests, choose something that would fit your education and resources like time and finances.
Here are some of the ideas for a business. They are generalized and suitable for both men and women. All of them can be started online, which makes them less dependent on the pandemic situation.
You can start a blog on some topic you are competent in or become an influencer. Here are some topics you can blog about:
- cooking – share your favorite recipes, research nutrition facts, and unpopular facts about foods we eat daily.
- Sports and exercising at home – show how you exercise at home, create marathons and challenges for people to exercise with you, share your favorite apps for guided training.
- Crafts and art – share your art or show people how to create it, do some Interesting crafts with the basic things you can find at any house.
While many offline shops had to close because of quarantine restrictions, nothing stops the online shops. Look at these ideas for your future online shop:
- Homemade bakery
- Handmade accessories – give people a chance to upgrade their backpack or sling bag by getting iron-on patches, pins, etc.
- Customized clothes, shopping bags, shoes, etc.
- Gift boxes
Choose something you are good at and passionate about, try sharing your knowledge with others. It could be anything – from cooking to math, from doing housework to painting. You can give lessons to different people individually or create online courses or educational materials.
It is a way to experience something new and make some money without creating anything by yourself – you invest your time in learning and your money directly in stocks.There are way more ideas than listed here - you can come up with a way to make money out of any of your skills. These are just some general ideas you might find interesting. Remember to keep your distance and stay safe!